Bleedin' Kitchen Fitters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to a house today to be told by the householder that the kitchen sockets hadn't worked since the kitchen fitter did some work on them. All I did was remove some gaffer tape from the back of the socket (it was already unscrewed and the wires were out of the terminals). This is what we found:
badsocket.jpg

Also whil looking for the fuse box we stumbled upon this:
IMGP0636.jpg

I hope the DNO never wants to replace the meter :eek:

We also found a socket wired in 1.5mm² spurred from the ring, spurs from spurs, the sheath from a 10mm² earth used as earth sleeving and much more besides.

Oh and guess what: The fitter was not Part P registered and issued no certificates. It shows why Part P is important, as much as it a pain in the a**e it might stop this sort of workmanship.

[/rant] I had a bad day

Sponsored Links
You reported them to the LABC so they can try and look into it with a view to taking legal action?

It shows why Part P is important, as much as it a pain in the a**e it might stop this sort of workmanship.

It doesn't seem to have... though it does make it slightly easier to go after those who do shoddy work

WTF - sombody serious left the mains in that state? i wouldnt of touched it personally...fill them a form in and advise at once ;)

whats neck of the woods ru in RF ?

Leeds by the looks of his profile?

You dingbat under another name or something, RF?, lol

Sponsored Links
Leeds indeed.

There was some gaffer tape on the back of the socket which we removed but that is no excuse.

This was at the other side of the kitchen (and wired in 1.5mm²)
IMGP0633a.jpg

With no sockets working in the kitchen we found this in the living room:
IMGP0639.jpg

And this was the fuse box:
IMGP0635.jpg

Not a single tight screw to be found in there :eek:

I think it's very unfair of you to grumble about my work, when have I ever criticised yours? ;)

Hey, RF. As Adam has pointed out, I'm in Leeds too.

See Weekly News - landscape ad "local and Reliable"

Gizza call and we can swap horror stories.

Do you know The Highland pub on Cavendish St?

Cavendish rings a bell...where have I heard that name before?...ah yes... so are you the small evil one, or the respectable fellow, ding? :LOL:

Er, hang on a minute, Adam... I am now officially confused. I am entirely respectable, I'll have you know, young man. :D Are we talking at cross Cavendishes here?

Sorry, a rather lame reference to Dr. Jekyell and Mr. Hyde ....

(well I've never claimed to be a comedian ...)

On a positive note on this, the new kitchen units do look quite nice, (and well fitted too perhaps?)

Pity they didn't stick to what they know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back