Kitchen Fitters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A certain kitchen fitter (well-known, possibly 3 letters?) did a kitchen I looked at today, with u/c lighting fed like this: the switched live came from a wall switch via 0.5 flex to a connector block on top of wall cabinet. The neutral they took from an adjacent socket, via 1.0 T&E.

It worked.....at least until someone came along and fitted a split-load unit (without any certification). Then the RCD kept tripping (for obvious reasons!!)

I went along to investigate and found no earth on lighting circs. Customer expressed surprise - the guy fitting the new CU (only 2 weeks ago) didn't let her know anything was wrong.

He also did MEB's > 600 from cock/meter, and didn't clean the pipework.

She said she didn't have much money, so was always pushed "to a price". But sitting outside was her 05 TOTR Freelander.......

In both cases, I am at a loss to understand how people can do this kind of work, when they must know it is wrong....

[SIGH]

Sponsored Links
answer is easy.

they know it will work so that is what they do

Hi
the chap who fitted the con-unit is sailing close to the wind.
he could be another of those high profile part p prosecutions that are all the rage these days :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back