Bleedin' Radiator only getting half hot mum!

Hi John, Are you saying it may take hours to bleed?
Thanks.

I will try switching the heating off before I try the bleeding again then will attempt to go into the attic......ooh I hate it up there...it's scary!

Sponsored Links
A blockage in the feed pipe can be very tiresome. When i had one, first of all the refill was very slow, then it stopped altogether. The problem is that once it stops altogether, you can't chemical clean it, because there is no flow to circulate the chemical :cry: If you get home tonight and find there is more water pressure in the rads (when cold) than there was last night, you may have a slioght flow.

Some people say that if you put an aquavac, or a pressure hose, on the vent pipe, you may be able to suck or blow the blockage out of place. i haven't tried that.

When you did the bleeding, was the water black?

specialbeat said:
Hi John, Are you saying it may take hours to bleed?
Thanks.

I will try switching the heating off before I try the bleeding again then will attempt to go into the attic......ooh I hate it up there...it's scary!
Good reply John D ;) As for the attic it isn`t as scary as Derek Acoras Ghost Towns is it :LOL: Make sure you only walk on the wood beams ;)

Hi JohnD, when I tried bleeding....absolutely NO water came out. Please have a butchers at the previous posts!
Thanks.

So.....If it is blocked....where would the air coming from?
Also, again, if it is blocked...and I don't have a special vucuum cleaner or pressure hose, how much would it cost....about?

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back