Bleeding, bleeding, Bleeding :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

Ok, revised question:

Situation:2 Axios manifolds for underfloor heating and 5 radiators.

Problem:
My plumber turned out to be a deadbeat, which is so disappointing as I foolishly paid in advance, etc. Anyway (lesson learned), he filled up the manifolds by way of the boiler "flow" and not via the two feeds on the manifold. Apparently, you're not supposed to fill a manifold/UFH via the boiler feeds.

Result:
On one manifold, 6 out of 8 valves (they have a glass topped valve) have water visible in them, but two do not. When the thermostat calls for heat, I can feel hot water at the flow and warm water on the return pipe off the manifold. The actual UFH pipes sure don't seem too warm to me, but maybe over a few hours they get warmer.

On the 2nd smaller manifold, there are only 3 valves and none have any water in them (in the glass top of the valve). And, the return pipe exiting the manifold is stone cold while the 'flow in' is hot.

I plan to turn the manifold pump up high and close down each valve with only one open, hoping that air will escape. And then repeat for each valve. I noticed yesterday that I could see bubbles through the UFH pipe come up to the manifold, lots of them, lots and lots and the water coming out of the auto air vent was sort of white/milky/bubbly.

On the larger manifold, there was air too, but didn't quite see bubbles. (I mean that you can see the bubbles move in the semi-transparent pipes). And, when the boiler turns on, I notice more air coming out of the air vent of the manifold, though this could be coincidence.

Help. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back