Bleeding radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had two extra radiators fitted. One was fed by using the pipes for an exisiting radiator. The existing one was then fed via a T piece to an adjacent rad'. Now when I try to bleed either radiator fed from the T connector if the pump is on it sucks air in. When the pump is off the header tank pressure allows the radiator to be bled OK. The problem has come to light because one of the radiators on the T feed refuses to warm up unless the other is virtually switched off. Any ideas.

Sponsored Links
No surprise there then. Bleeding radiators and other vents is done with the pump off, just because if it's on, it can suck air in.

You will have to set the lockshield valves on ALL of the radiators to be correct, not just close one of the adjacent pair. I suggest you search the web for balancing radiators. (Be warned, it can be a long exercise)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back