Bleeding Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a new combination boiler fitted about nine months ago and it has worked with no problems with the rads last winter and the hot water this summer.

However, when I came to turn the heating on this month, I found that three out of the seven rads do't get hot.

There is no pattern to the layout. I assume they are all on the same circuit(?), but there is one downstairs, one in the middle and one at the top of the house.

I've tried bleeding the rads that don't work with the pump on but there doesn't seem to be any air and the water does eventually come hot. Of course, once it has cooled,it never reheats.

Does this sound like the boiler (boo), or would I gain anything by bleeding the entire system, which will another post by the way.

Any thoughts greatly welcomed.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
And don't forget to check the system pressure after bleeding the rads! The system may need some water adding to it (using the filler loop) to restore to correct operating pressure before you start the heatoing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back