Bleeding Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can someone help I had a leaking elbow on my CH system drained system down filled it back up but it took ages very littel pressue coming from the air bleed screw with next to no water this was from all RADs upstairs. Still never got there

Turned the heating on but nothing is there a cut off in the boiler when bleeding down it's a BAXI normal boiler not a combi

Any Idea's I just think it's full off CRAP!!!!

Sponsored Links
Check theres water in your f&e tank in the loft first. If there is then it points to a blockage in the cold fill, usually where this t's into the main pipe work.

Turn off cold fill gate valve and crack the bottom nut open. Put bucket under it and open valve. If you get full flow then blockage will be as above.

Dave,

Thanks for advise will try this also is there a cut off in boilers if all water is drained out ?

Sweater said:
Dave,

Thanks for advise will try this also is there a cut off in boilers if all water is drained out ?

If you ran the boiler with little or no water in then yes-the overheat may have tripped.

Sponsored Links
A rubber tube over the end of the blowtorch (simple modification) and shoved down the cold feed will clear a blockage if the c/f enters the return.

More difficult on some other pipework configuration.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back