Bleeding walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am in the process of painting our kitchen walls from yellow to white then to a colour yet to be decided.
I have noticed that a few red spots are bleeding through the white emulsion.
I'm guessing these are recent servings of ribena !! :rolleyes:
How do i stop these from bleeding through the new paint when it goes on ?

Sponsored Links
Try rubbing through the new coating and washing them off...failing that some clear knotting should do the trick

skybluescooby said:
Hi,
I am in the process of painting our kitchen walls from yellow to white then to a colour yet to be decided.
I have noticed that a few red spots are bleeding through the white emulsion.
I'm guessing these are recent servings of ribena !! :rolleyes:
How do i stop these from bleeding through the new paint when it goes on ?

If youve got any alkyd/oil paint in the garage or shed paint over the marks with this ( gloss will do but white undercoat is better)and leave overnight....then gently rub over it with sandpaper next day to give it a key and emulsion to your taste

Crown ....English Fire on walls.
Magnolia on ceiling.

Looks beautiful....Just done it with chrome lights.

Why white on walls first - have you got loads of it?

Sponsored Links
I shall try the tips n techniques later, thanks.

I use white as the walls are plasterboard and follwoing a coat of white matt emulsion it highlights the areas that need a tweak or fill, Then i just whack the new colour on top, Gives a clean finish

Tend to find though with knotting which is shellac based the emulsion paint put over after may show different and darker. Better with some oil based undercoat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back