Block paving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i live in a house with a small garden and i have been given 200 block paving bricks as a friend ordered too many I want to put them in the garden so i can put my bench or plants etc on it.
My question is do i have to buy/rent a plate vibrator as there will be hardly any weight on them or can i just lay them on sand cement and put cement around the borders any advice would be appeciated

Sponsored Links
i think you should use a whaker plate if you have a large area, since you want a flat base level base. i have used them for edging, i gave them a what with the wrong end of a club hammer to settle them and mine are still fine

thats about 4 m2. If you are laying them in a small area for foot traffic then mortar them in place around the border, and you can use a piece of timber and a sledge hammer to tamp the bedding material down. Once youve laid them and put the dry sand on them, just give them a gentle tap with the same method to lock them in place with the sand.

Sponsored Links
agree with the guys, small areas of paving are at best unpredictable under a wacker, which can lead to slight ponding.

sand cement dryish mix, no need for compacter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back