Blockage on central heating

Dst

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good day

We had a viesman boiler but the furthest radiators were not getting warm
A plumber came and said the boiler wasn't working correctly it needed changing. I didn't believe this but I agreed to a swap he installed a ideal boiler.
We have the same problem he then said we need a power flush , he did a power flush , he said there must be a decent blockage on the system so he cannot flush the full system. Ok we have tiled floors. So access is not brilliant, he hasn't even suggested anything else that we should or can do
After paying over £2500 for a unnecessary boiler swap what should I expect, I would have thought a working system ?
Having just gone through a very cold spell what recourse do I have with the plumber what are his responsibilities??

I'll accept it was a easy fix to replace the boiler as it was over 15 years old. I'll also accept access is restricted with the tiled floors but to just walk away and shrug his shoulders I can't accept

Any advice please

Sponsored Links
any options to repipe the section from a different route,
did you have a contact stating what was to be done

so either through in experience or just down right lying he sold you something you didnt need i would not be taking it lightly and would be expecting a large chunk of money back that could be put to rectifying the actual original problem

any options to repipe the section from a different route,
did you have a contact stating what was to be done
Thank you
Don't know where the blockage is at moment so can't reroute section
Didn't have a contract hindsight is good I suppose

Sponsored Links
so either through in experience or just down right lying he sold you something you didnt need i would not be taking it lightly and would be expecting a large chunk of money back that could be put to rectifying the actual original problem
I can't pin him down to talk I think inexperience and laziness is the problem

Was he Gas Safe and did he give you filled in Benchmark book ? If not report him to Gas Safe

You need to write to him initially. You brought him in to solve a specific problem. You are now £2500 in the hole and you still have the same problem. Give him the opportunity to fix the problem- if he ghosts you or doesn't fix it, wait for 14 days then head for small claims. Your claim is you engaged a professional to solve a problem, they've thrown expensive parts at it rather than investigating properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back