Blocked drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a pensioner living in rented private accommodation, I do not have the skills or tools to clear a blocked drain which has been caused by probably some excessive amount of toilet paper although this is not certain. It could also be because the drains are not wide enough from the toilet through to the sewer.
Is the answer definitely getting drainage rods, or is there anything else that could be put down into the drains where there is part of the blockage and hopefully clear it?
The last thing available to me as a private tenant is to contact the landlord/agent who have a habit of not wanting to pay for such things to be done! HELP!

Sponsored Links
if the blockage is outside and is shared by more than one houshold contact your water company and they will do it for free

Sponsored Links
Phone around for a fixed quote, I would charge £60 for a blocked toilet or £90 for a blocked manhole.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back