Blocked Radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small double radiator which was purchased from Wickes. Recently I had to drain the system to take some other radiators off for some decorating.

Since reinstating the system. the double radiator will only bleed in the back panel. The front is only warm for a few inches from the bottom no matter how long i leave the bleed screw open. I have tried this with the pump running and closed both to no avail.

Any suggestions as to the cause/cure?

Sponsored Links
My double radiator have two bleed valves (1 on each panel)

ps:sorry, I read your post again,thinking you only have one bleed valve.

Assuming there is a seperate bleed valve to each panel of your rad, and the panel that is not working is the one you have tried to bleed with no air or water comming out of the bleed valve,

try the following: turn off both rad valves, take out the bleed screw, do not drop or loose this. then borrow a sewing neelle from the Boss and push it in where you removed the bleed screw. Put the bleed screw baqck in, open rad valves and then bleed as normal. a small piece of dirt may be blocking the bleed hole from inside the rad.

If you have only one bleed screw for both panels the rad must be well sludged up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back