Blocking Mobile Calls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes when I call people I get the message "it has not been possible to connect your call" or "please try later"

I am curious and am wondering if you can choose to block calls from unwanted numbers.

I am not aware of this facility on my phone but I am sure someone with an expensive phone can do this.

Anyone know? :)

Sponsored Links
It sounds very similar to the message I get (frequently) when I call my wife and she's left her phone in her office drawer whilst she's out at a meeting/lecture!

Are you sue it's not the message you get when the person you're calling doesn't pick up?

I've got an iPhone and i can block calls on it. I think this feature arrived with the last big update.
I think the message you're getting means the phone you're ringing has no signal.

Sponsored Links
I always thought it was because the mobile was switched off.

As you may know I am one of those horrible salesman that calls you to offer a free boiler or loft /cavity wall insulation.

I only call people who I have canvassed and they have freely given me their phone number . I do find that some are uncontactable in spite of them having given me their number. :confused:

I always thought that you could not block numbers.

As you may know I am one of those horrible salesman that calls you to offer a free boiler or loft /cavity wall insulation.

I only call people who I have canvassed and they have freely given me their phone number . I do find that some are uncontactable in spite of them having given me their number. :confused:

I always thought that you could not block numbers.

Oh, so it's you who keeps calling me when I'm on the toilet, is it?

Give me your number and I'll block it.

:LOL:

Why isn't it possible to block numbers from ANY phone or number? You would think it would be a standard feature these days with all the ridiculous, crass calls from sales, surveys and ppi.

Cold calling is so 'old hat' and the recipient of the call is immediately annoyed which surely must be counter productive.

I had a call last night from someone carrying out a survey about the NHS (As if anything I say would make any difference). When I explained that my number was TPS she said 'TPS does not include us.'

'Well it f***ing well should' I replied

Matey-boy's S4 is running 4.4.2 (KitKat) with Sammy's skin on top.

As Sammy's version of KK is almost identical to JB, I think JB would be the same, but I can't say for sure as my Mega is poorly and is in the smartphone hospital in intensive care.

Don't worry about apps, you can access the menu direct through the phone icon.

Once in the call settings, you need the option at the top of the list "Call Rejection"

Then you have a choice of turning auto reject on for all numbers, off , or auto reject only those on a list you can create.

That's fine. Just don't be surprised if folk are annoyed at your swearing.

I just bought a mobile from Tesco to replace my old Motorola. It's really intended for the over-65s but it has a revolutionary state-of-the-art feature - it's a mobile phone which actually just makes phone calls.

I've got one of those. Cost me £2.99 and the battery lasts for a week or so. And it is tiny and fits in my pocket easily. I can't think of a single reason to own a smartphone

Sponsored Links
Back