BLOKCED DRAINS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WHY WHY WHY DO MY DRAINS KEEP GETTING BLOCKED WITH WASTE. THE MAIN CULPRIT IS CONGEALED FAT. IS IT BECAUSE TENNANTS DON'T CARE (9 FLATS WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE) OR IS THIS JUST LIFE?
i ROD 3/4 TIMES AYEAR ITS DISGUSTING

Sponsored Links
WHY OH WHY CANT YOU PLEASE
stop shouting and get a drainage expert to have a look at the drains. You could have a problem that could be easily diagnosed using a camera

yes they are ur drains, as I manage for the house hold as freeholder. I am going to have a camera thanks but more importantly why is the fgat congealing ?

Sponsored Links
.....aye, its because your tenants couldn't give a toss (unless they had to pay for the rodding :p )
John :)

You're right there. evbery 6 months I write a letter to all the tennants reminding them of the oil/fat.
I just hope we do not have a problem down there.

If they chuck the fat down the drain, there will always be a problem......if they cease this ghastly practice and there's still issues, other action may be necessary.
I worked in a hovel once where the chip pan had been emptied down a loose floor board onto the concrete raft below. Nice :eek:
John :)

That would be a lot of fat though I'd have thought to block so frequently? Are you sure that you are effectively clearing any blockage? Or as has been said, have an investigation re other problems

We had a problem with our drain blocking a while after moving it. Access not good for rodding, so I got a drain cleaning attachment for the pressure washer, stuck that up there and loads of solid fat came down that must have built up over the years. Had to ahve a few goes , before it all came out though.

Because that is what fat does as it cools, send them a bill every time it happens

£40/ half hour should put a stop to it

It's a nationwide (and very large!) problem. Thames Water have their teams of 'Flushers' clearing 'Fatbergs' to keep London's sewers flowing, Anglian Water are running a 'Keep it Clear' campaign in this area to try and educate people, and I imagine all water companies are experiencing the same problem....

http://keep-it-clear.co.uk/ This has led to a 94% drop in incidents of sewer blockages across some areas according to Anglian Water!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back