Board Adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick one does anyone know if you can dot and dab p.board with anything else like multi finish or bonding. Just i've got 2 strips to do 300 wide x 2400 long and dont want to buy another bad of adhesive if i can use some of the multi or bonding i've got left.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Just a quick one does anyone know if you can dot and dab p.board with anything else like multi finish or bonding. Just i've got 2 strips to do 300 wide x 2400 long and dont want to buy another bad of adhesive if i can use some of the multi or bonding i've got left.

Cheers

You can uses either BUT -

you won't be able to play about with them as much as adhesive, so put enough on.

if on high suction, kill it first

A small 10kq bag of drywall is less than a fiver FCS, is it really worth risking it! :rolleyes:

Only got the big bags in my local Wickes and for such a small area it seems such a waste to buy a big bag use a little and basically throw the rest away.

On another note is external rendering sand the same as plastering sand with regards to rendering a wall internally, will it still be washed as it does not say on the bags at wickes and i have the to small wall of my inglenook fire place to do.

Thanks pro's

Sponsored Links
Only got the big bags in my local Wickes and for such a small area it seems such a waste to buy a big bag use a little and basically throw the rest away.
OK so £7.50 then; it’s till worth it if you screw it up with plaster & have to buy more PB; using plaster is not ideal & it will grab very quickly unlike Drywall & you won’t have much time to make adjustments.

On another note is external rendering sand the same as plastering sand with regards to rendering a wall internally, will it still be washed as it does not say on the bags at wickes and i have the to small wall of my inglenook fire place to do.
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Building-Sand/invt/220129. If I’ve only got a small area to do I buy bags of Redimix render, a bit more expensive at around 3 quid but saves messing about with larger quantities. If you’re rendering around a fire aperture you also need lime in the render to avoid it cracking in the heat; I have bought that in redimix bags before but it doesn’t seem to be listed so maybe it’s been discontinued.

I don’t know what you’re doing around the Inglenook but don’t use Gypsum plaster (base or finish) around a stove or open fire, it will only withstand around 50 degrees, will blow, crack & eventually fall off the wall.

I've got the lime and i've done the rear and one side with plastering sand but i under estimated and needed some more sand and the only one i can find is external render as the Build centre is shut, but i've hopefully got to get this finished tonight do you know if the external render sand will do?

Cheers

Rendering sand should be OK although it may be slightly coarser :confused: what you don’t want is sharp sand.

Just looked at the bags in the boot and guess what it is sharp effing sand as i had to get them before 4pm due top shop shutting so could'nt wait for reply. Never mind looks like i'll return them and go to the Build centre tomorrow for plastering sand. Looks like another night of the wife moaning about the mess.

Cheers for the great advice as usual!!

I know a bit late on the discussion... (been away in snowy N Wales)....

Over the last 6 months or so I've had to do some little bits of D+D and had the same dilema. I bought the bigger bag of wickes stuff and thought I'd see how I'd go keeping it with care.
I used a bit, then immediately after rolled the top back down after finishing mix, put a bin liner tight over the top and kept it off the garage floor. Only the last use have I found it goes off too quick (about 20 mins!). By then there was only a bit left, so didn't mind tipping.
Note: I was only doing little bits and not D+Ding full walls. I would not have risked it if doing anything substantial, and would have gone for a new bag. ;)
However, at times, I found it useful going off quick!

my carpenter friend nearly got set into a bucket of old board adhesive, and apparantly it got quite hot as it quickly set :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back