Boiler Boom!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton ProMax 24 He boiler starts up fine in the morning (ie starting up from cold) but on subsequent start ups it can start with a loud booming noise. I hear the fan start, then I can hear the ignition system clicking away. In the morning you hear a couple of clicks and then it ignites (quietly) but later in the day the clicks continue and the tension rises as I wait for the boom that tells me it's lit.

Is this a feature of Potterton boilers or is something wrong? I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Ian.

Sponsored Links
Something's wrong. I fix oil boilers, and I know nothing about gas boilers, but this sounds like an incorrect fuel:air mixture, though it could be an ignition fault. You should get it looked at.

Sponsored Links
This is a common problem. If there's a yellow jumper on the PCB it needs to be removed. This slows the fan down, resulting in lower burner pressure and hence smoother ignition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back