Boiler Condencer pipe and Soak away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new Combi Boiler fitted . And the is a copper blow out pipe and a black condencer pipe going down my outside wall into the ground . Under the ground the pipe goes about 3 feet away from my house into a container called a soak its the size of a 5 LT tin of paint.. it is buried with 10 M limestone aroud it My problem is that i v had a conseratory built on top now . And i got told this could be a problem in time. I know i can redirect the pipe. I just want to know what can hoppen if i leave it as it is.

Sponsored Links
I just want to know what can hoppen if i leave it as it is.
Depends if any damage or interference occurred when the conny was built.

The worst that could happen is the pipe will block and the boiler will shut down. You will then need to re-direct the pipe. I doubt that any significant damage will occur as a result of water seepage, but it is only a conny after all.

I would have though the problem would come when the lime was depleted and the acid in the condensate started eating away at what even else it came into contact with?

You should really plumb it in if you can, Mine puts out a pint every couple of days, so not a great deal, but if the ground gets saturated and the water blocks the pipe its gong to cause problems.
Have you got a rainwater gulley or drainpipe anywhere near the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Your soakaway should be checked annually with your boiler service to ensure correct levels of limestone are present. Modern boilers correctly set up for maximum efficiency can produce as much as two litres per hour of condensate. If it's not correctly neutralised because your soakaway hasn't been topped up it'll start eating the foundations of your conservatory, and possibly also your house

My sis in laws neighbours pipe has been running onto a concrete path for aboot five years. Apart from leaving a streak nothing else appears to have happened.

It would take about eighteen centuries for the acid in the water to have any effect on concrete foundations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back