Boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Trianco Tro 15/19 boiler that runs off use oil.

Over the last few months the boiler occasionaly cuts out, we had a similar problem last year, initially cleaning the sensor resolved the issue, then this stopped working and we needed a new sensor.

When it custs out I press the reset button next to the burner and it fires up again and runs ok, it may cut out again after an hour of 2.

Today I put the boiler on the one hour option. Im not sure if it ran for the hour or cut out after about 1 1/2 hours I went to turn it on again, the red light ws on the panel showing it had cut out, I pressed the reset button and after about 1 minute it had cut out. I went over and there was some smoke coming out of the metal casing were the sensor is housed and next to the reset button. I took the sensor out which had quite a bit of soot on it and cleaned it and placed it back, I removed the metal cover next to the sensor about 3' by 3', inside there are what I can best describe as looking like car HT leads, these were blackened.

Any ideas as to the cause and best cause of action before phoning a plumber?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you were looking at the HT leads from the transformer possibly shorting out, could be carbon deposits on the electrodes causing the spark to track, could be the transformer is knacked too, you've probably already called someone in by now I'd imagine. But let us know what the result was...

Thank you for your reply Casius.

I cleaned the sensor to see if that would make any difference and so far so good, its not cut out once and it has been used a resonible amount with the weather as it is. Hopefully it will be ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back