Boiler Cycling when one UFH loop open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have been delving further into my heating system, and feel like I have made some decent setup/efficiency gains. Using an ems-esp setup I am getting some (to me) interesting data!

One thing I have noticed is that when one ufh loop is open I am getting a bit of cycling, which is understandable given it’s when smaller bedrooms fire on their own. I have had a play around but not sure apart from a buffer tank if there is really any “fix”. Its only for a few hours every 48hrs or so, as in general the bedrooms heat alongside other rooms on a schedule, but on a cold night or morning one may come on alone.

I have a greenstar8000 30kw system, set to a 62 degree flow, ufh is at 50 (I need this temp to get the heat through the floor, otherwise they never get above 20 floor temp). It has a 10:1 modulation ratio so will go down to 3kw which I can see it doing in the below.

My question is really:

- taking wear out of the equation is the efficiency hit that big from the cycling, most burns are between 2-5 mins it seems, with the odd 1m
- it causes the manifold temp to vary by 3/4 degrees, I have salus aba’s so not sure if it would “confuse” them a bit
- any other ideas :)

Everyone has been really helpful here before, so many thanks for any suggestions!

Ta

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Boiler Stats - Dashboards - Grafana.jpeg
    Boiler Stats - Dashboards - Grafana.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back