Boiler DHW running Cold

gti

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I don’t know if anyone can help me but I could do with some advice with my boiler please? Basically if I try and fill the bath or have the sink tap on full after a short while 30 seconds it goes cold, but if you run it say a third it remains hot. The boiler is a gloworm 30cxi (I know some people don’t like them) which is about 2 and a half years old.
I read on a forum what while the hot tap is running I should look at the flow and return temp to try and work out if there is a ‘blockage in the heat exchanger’. Well when the tap is fully open the gas bar graph shoots upto max and then backs off a little and then goes all the way down to nothing (at which point the water runs cold). At the same time the temp difference between the flow and return seems to be around 20C to 25C.
My parents have the same boiler and they can run a sink tap at full and it will remain hot, and the temp difference between the flow and return is around 10c

Does it sound like my heat exchanger is shot, or has anyone had any experience with these boilers doing this?

Thanks in advance

Trev

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back