Boiler dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( My Vaillant Combi boiler is dripping. I have recently drained the system and when I filled her back up it seems she is dripping from the AUTOMATIC AIR VENT.

Any suggestions please??????????

Sponsored Links
what pressure is it reading on the gauge, it should be 1-1.5 bar cold.

My system is working fine. Rads all at set temperature and pressure is at 1.5bar.
However system is just dripping from the automatic vent???

do you mean the auto air vent on the top of the boiler or the pressure relief valve that goes through the wall

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, it is bubbling out of the Automatic air vent on the top of the boiler

Theres a float chamber bit like a carbaretta on a car, it can with care if you drain some water off to relief the pressure be taken apart and cleaned

what model boiler is it, hopefully I have a manual someplace on the cd

Doitall,
Sorry for the delay, I got called away on an emergency.

VAILLANT VCWGB 242 E B.

What do you think is the problem? is it a common fault?

Regards

read my last post.

auto air vents quite often leak and yours probably has a bit of grit stuck under the seal.

if you drain the water out the boiler (after you isolate the electrics) the valve can be serviced.

Doitall,

Thanks for the advice, us part time DIYers really appreciate web sites and people like you.

Thanks again

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back