Boiler fan keeps running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my grandad gave me a call and asked if I knew why he's boiler fan kept running with no demand. As the insides of boilers are not my specialty I thought I'd ask you nice chaps on here. He's got an older style greenstar junior, probably around 8 years old. I said it could be something to do with the pcb but I'd be guessing if I'm honest. Any help would be great and just to recap there is no demand nor has the boiler been used to bring the fan on. I don't think he's boiler has the capability to pre heat the domestic exchanger either.
Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
Mine does this sometimes and as far as i can tell, it's when there is a sudden drop in water pressure tripping the pressure switch fooling it into believing that there is a demand.

(now you'll get an answer) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And there was me thinking that it happened when the wiggle pin got stuck!!

Some older permanent pilot type fan flued boilers ran the fan at low speed when there was no heat demand not sure about your Workchester as I don't get to work on too many of those (thankfully!!) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back