Greenstar 28i jnr boiler keeps firing when not on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior combi condensing boiler installed but had bad night as boiler kept firing up for about 60 seconds every hour or so. Don't know why as it was not meant to be on and I was not running taps or anything. Can anyone help? Would like to stop this happening at night otherwise not enough beauty sleep :(

Sponsored Links
Press the "ECO" button untill it lights up.... This switches off the water pre heater but it does mean that you will have to wait a little longer for your hot water to warm up...

I don't know where you are in the country, but can only think either the frost stat is kicking in, if your house is really cold or you may have a leak on your hot water side, which is triggering the boiler. Suggest you contact installers to investigate.

Sponsored Links
i wud agree with corgigrouch,switch on the "eco" light on the boiler and try it tonight and see if it still comes on during the night. i wud doubt theres a leak on the hot water side as i wud of thought it wud of stayed on longer than you state. if it aint worked theres no harm having a look at wot the frost stat temp is set at ! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back