Moving boiler to different location - New Boiler or keep old one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for some advice,

Just bought a property and wanting to relocate the boiler to the utility room from a first floor bedroom. Now the boiler is a Worcester Greenstar Jnr 28i and about 12 years old. It did have a full service prior to me moving in and no issues at all.

Now do i go ahead and just keep this boiler, or spend £1.7k (just the boiler cost not fitting) on a brand new one?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Blimey, what boiler have you been looking at that costs £1700 just to buy? There aren't many around that are that much.

Bear in mind a new one will have a decent length warranty. You could move the one you have then end up paying for repairs/replacement in a year or two. Depends on what condition it's in really.

Reactions: CBW
Valliant with the flu kit.

Yes i'm tempted to just get a new boiler. It's feeding 10/11 rads and 1 bathroom

Sponsored Links
If it ain’t broke, why fix it? If existing can be moved, to for it. You can always upgrade a later date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back