Boiler fault advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have an Ideal isar HE30 boiler which keeps switching itself off with LF fault. I have already replaced the flame detection electrode and spark generator assembly with no luck so far, it's not overheating either. It's now making quite loud banging noises at certain times (not in connection with any of its actions for example when the hot water tap is switched on). It will run fine for a length of time but then switches off and the LF fault comes up. Any advice would greatfully be received at mother in law coming for xmas!!! :LOL: Grayman.

An update on my problem, I've now discovered that the fault occurs when the display tap comes on for the boiler to fire up to periodically pre heat the plate heat exchanger. The boiler makes a rumbling noise and the boiler shuts down with the LF sign. Please help if any one knows what this might suggest.

Sponsored Links
You should call a competent boiler engineer.

A DIYer should not be interfering with combustion issues!

Tony

You should call a competent boiler engineer.

A DIYer should not be interfering with combustion issues!

Tony
Absolutley right Tony, what the B^^^^y hell is he doing , trying to kill himself. Stupid man. javascript:emoticon(':evil:')javascript:emoticon(':evil:')

Sponsored Links
I am awaiting an engineer coming but wanted to get a handle on the actual problem before paying out loads of ££££££. Which is why I'm asking for help.

I am awaiting an engineer coming but wanted to get a handle on the actual problem before paying out loads of ££££££. Which is why I'm asking for help.

Fine but the work you have already done is far in excess if what you should have done, so I comments are valid for history as well as future. Sorry but as gas safe engineers we spend £100's of pounds every year on showing we are qualified, more £100's on expensive combustion equipment, and van. why the hell should we do it for the same price as somebody changing a tap washer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back