boiler fires up for 5 seconds then switches off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive got a baxi bahama 100 combi boiler, its 3 years old. the problem is that it fires up for 5 seconds then switches off, then fires up again about 20 mins later and so on, but i only have about 10 seconds hot water and radiators take forever to warm up but they only get warm not hot. tried flushing the system incase of sludge, replaced flow switch, it worked for aday then went back to switching itself off!! anyone any ideas what it could be?? with the winter coming need to sort it out before my baby and my wife leave me for sunny climates................or someone with a boiler that works!!! cheers guys :( [/b]

Sponsored Links
Suggest you do a search on "bahama" in the plumbing section. I warn you it'll make you depressed. Better start rubbing stick together. :cry:

I had a similar problem when the pump was siezed. The unit was quickly overheating and then cutting out. It was accompanied by a loud crackling sound from inside the boiler which was the water boiling!

Sounds a bit different to yours but I would try a bit of fault diagnosis by swapping pumps or get the pros in.

Cheers,

P.J.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replys, ive fixed the problem now. For anyone that might have the same problem, i only changed the central heating flow switch last time so i changed the central heating flow switch again and also replaced the hot water flow switch, gave the system some descaler aswell and it now runs perfect :LOL: cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back