Boiler flame keeps going out...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope someone can help...
Our boiler (an Alpha 240e combi) will fire up for a couple of seconds, then go out, then repeat this about 8 times before staying fired up as normal, until turning off as normal.
When the hot water tap is turned on it works just fine, the flame stays lit until the tap is turned off.

Any ideas what might be causing this? When the boiler is first turned on it works as it should, but once the room is warm enough and then thermostat calls for heat again this happens. The thermostat is constantly calling for heat, I'm pretty sure its the boiler at fault and not the thermostat.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a gas setting problem which any competent boiler engineer should be able to deal with without needing any parts.

I suppose you have never had it serviced?

Tony

thanks Tony,

we do get it serviced every year, and it is about due another one.
last time I told the engineer the problem but he just said it was cos of where we had the thermostat, but he didn't actually see what it was doing.

will book the next service and mention it again to whoever we use this time, and see what happens.

If I was coming to your boiler then I would be charging for a repair ( more ) and not a service!

Of course some dont do much on a service and particularly dont check all of the gas settings ( as they should ).

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back