Boiler Flue and Neighbours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently had a combination boiler fitted.
We have a semi-detached house the flue goes out side to the front wall and is about 9 ft from the ground.
The neighbours are complaining that the steam is going in to their house when they open the front door (and yes I have seen it blow across in their directing if the wind goes that way) but im sure it has evaporated by then. They have asked us to move the flue further away which we have been told isn’t possible as we have been told the pipe must be straight.

Can anyone tell me, legally, how far the flue should be away from the (invisible) boundary of our house and also if the gases are harmful ??? :( Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you mean adjacent to a boundary it is 300mm. If you mean opposite then gas regs are 600mm, but new building regs are 2.5M.

Problem is that the installation can meet all current gas regs but still prove a nuiscance factor, which your installer should have taken into account when deciding on the site for the combi.

What make is it? Many good makes now offer a 'pluming kit' that can direct the plume away from any door or opening window.

Hi, Thanks for quick reply. Yes they are next door (adjacent) and is about 0.5m from their boundary.
It is a BAXI, I will look in to the “kit” as I don’t want to fall out with them but cannot afford pay to have the boiler put somewhere else. Thank you. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Plume kit that fits most of the latest baxi`s is approx 80 quid plus vat comes as part of new flue and is not an attachment that can go on existing flue.. It will take products outlet up by another 2 feet approx and can be angled away from neighbours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back