Boiler Flue & Conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Prima 1 boiler and the flue goes horizontally out. I am thinking of putting on a conservatory and I have had some builders who say I have to move the flue and some who say it is ok where it is. I'm now a bit confused as I don't want to put the conservatory up without moving the flue only to find when I come to sell the house that I should have moved it :?:

Sponsored Links
If you don't give more information you can't get advice.

Are you for instance, building the conservatory over the flue so it discharges into the conservatory? If this is wrong, how am I supposed to know?

you should have an installation manual with your boiler, this will tell you all the clearances your boiler flue requires.

The problem is that the conservatory roof will be fairly close to the flue. I have been told by some companies that it is too close as it needs to be 300mm away from the conservatory so the flue will have to be moved and by others that it will be ok as they will just put an aluminium plate protecting the conservatory. I have the added problem of where I could move the boiler to as there isn't any where obvious it could be put. I don't have a manual as I only moved in a couple of years ago and the previous occupant didn't leave it. I've tried the neighbours but they don't have one either

Sponsored Links
manafactures flue distances are sometimes more favourable than regulation guidelines get the manual and have a look :rolleyes: somewhere in there will be all the answers you need with pretty drawings

I very much doubt anyone on here will commit themselves to a definite answer unless they see what you are planning to do. And unless your builders are installers dont take there word for it.

Can anyone on here mail this person the flue guidelines for this system
Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back