boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neighbour just had the same boiler as us fitted (vailiant 837 condensing).

Out flue is about 100mm protruding from the wall, where his is like 250mm. Its just a standard horizontal flue

Is that ok or not??

He has it installed in the same place we had ours (kitchen)

Sponsored Links
If your flue is the standard 100mm, then it should protrude about 87mm from the wall.

How high from the floor is you flue terminal?
Have you got a terminal guard fitted?
Does your neighbours flue terminate in the same position as yours?

Andy.

Its not very critical but a short distance of less than 100 mm is neater.

If your neighbour's flue is 250 mm then it sounds as if the installer is lazy and has just not bothered to cut the flue to the correct length.

Its hardly a gas safety issue and CORGI could probably not insist on the installer doing it correctly even if the installer is registered ( which he may well not be! ).

Tony

If there are certain conditions eg; long soffit or overhang directly above then MIs make allowance for this.

Sponsored Links
If there are certain conditions eg; long soffit or overhang directly above then MIs make allowance for this.

I too have left the flue long for these reasons, certainly not because I was lazy or couldn't be bothered to cut it :rolleyes:

I always inform the customer about this at the time of quotation though in case they may not like the look of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back