Boiler (Halstead hero 60) + Drayton LP241 Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if this should be posted here or into the Electrics section - but I'll try here first!

Hope someone can help me on this!!

As part of a kitchen refurb, my old Appollo boiler with mechanical time clock had gone well past its date.
We’ve replaced the boiler with a Halstead Hero 60 and also purchased an Invensys LP241 time clock.
On our old system, we could either have Hot Water Only or Central Heater + Hot Water. (We also have one room stat but no stats on the individual rads)
The Corgi Registered installer for the boiler couldn’t make sense of how to implement the new boiler and timer wiring with the old wiring. He marked them as below though.

Coming out of the wall we have:
L, N, E = Mains Feed
L, N, E = Pump

And then we have:
Red - which he marked CH
Yellow – which he marked HW
Blue – which he marked CH ON
Earth

The Mains Feed and Pump are self explanatory but it is the Three Core & earth that has me foxed.
The Boiler has connections which say:
L1 – Perm Live
L2 – Pump Live
L3 – Switched Live
N – Neutral
E - Earth

The timer has connections which say:
N
L
(1) HW OFF
(2) CH OFF
(3) HW ON
(4) CH ON

Can anyone enlighten me on how I go about wiring this programmer up?
Regards

Sponsored Links
Just discovered that the installer may have incorrectly marked the Three Core and Earth cables! :mad:
We think it should be:

Red : HW Off
Yellow : HW On
Blue : CH On

what does the manual that came with the "programmer" say?

and where is the other end of the 3 core and earth?

all the boiler is looking for (excluding earth) is

permanent live

permanent neutral

switched live input to say heating on
switched live input to say hot water on

switched output to run pump (maybe)

is your boiler a combi?

if not all the boiler wants is a swithed live and permanet neutral

the room stat is then wired in series with the pump

the "programmer" supplies a switched live to the boiler to say time to turn on (hot water on) it also does the same if heating required, but the room stat will stop the pump when it reaches the set temp. the boiler stops when its own internal stat tells it too. i.e water hot enough, all the programmer is doing is just to say when it should let the boiler come on and also can the pump run if the room stat says its too cold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back