Boiler Heat Line S24 compact leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with my boiler. It is a Heat Line s24 compact.

When it is turned to the highest setting it starts to leak from the valve I circled in the photo. When it is on low or medium heat setting it is ok.

I never had this problem before and I am leaving the country in 3 days and renting the place out for 3 months so want to ensure there are no problems with the heating.

I did some reading and saw that this is normal when the boiler is on the highest setting, but I am not sure if I should believe it.

Any ideas?
Many thanks

Tuli

Sponsored Links
Why did you not ask the engineer who has done the Gas Safety Certificate for you?

Or perhaps you are not getting one? Thats illegal!

Its a relatively minor fault you will be pleased to hear!

Tony Glazier

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

The engineer was here about 3 weeks ago for the safety check but I did not notice the problem as it was summer and did not have the heating on for a few months, perhaps it did not exist then...

Is it something I could fix myself or do I need to get an engineer again before I leave?

Many thanks

T

Sponsored Links
Needs expansion vessel pressure checking, probably safety valve replacing AND the safety valve pipe plumbing to terminate outside.

It's a another Heatline bodge job...you might want to check they bothered to connect the flue despite having the recent LGSR( that was clearly iffy).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back