Boiler installation advice

Waj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an old boiler/water tank installation in my flat. I'd like to change it with a new system in order to save space and get ride of some water tanks. I have 2 cold water tanks one supplying cold water and flush for the bathroom and a cold water tanks supplying a hot water cylinder in the bedroom. My flat being on the top floor of a converted victorian house, the water flow and pressure is subject to the 2 flats below using the water coming from the mains. The water flow rate varies between 6.5 litres/minute and 13.5l/min best case, and water pressure is around 1.8bar.
I am worried that putting a combi boiler into this system would give me poor pressure in the shower in the morning so I m trying to look at alternatives. A plumber suggested to keep one of the water tank in the loft and install a pump which would feed water into a combi boiler. But this solution is quite onerous and some plumbers adivised me not to install pumps with combi boilers (not sure why).
Any ideas on other alternatives ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back