Boiler Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone clarify the law as regards installing a gas combi boiler without payment. The law seems to permit a competentperson to make such an installation in their own home or elsewhere provided payment is not involved. I should make clear that, in years gone by, I have already installed several boilers and then had them subsequently checked by Corgi engineers (without ANY problems or rectifications needed). Under the latest regulations regarding notification of new installations, could I install a combi in my son's house, and get it inspected bya Corgi engineer? What would be a reasonable charge for such an inspection & sign-off, bearing in mind all the work has been done?

Sponsored Links
As far as I am aware you could only do gas work in your own home, if you chose to do this, but you may have problems these days getting a corgi to sign it off as it has to be notified to corgi and building control.

Also I doubt whether one would be prepared to complete the benchmark log as he did inspect it.

As for cost, who knows what would be charged by someone who is prepared to do this illegal work for you :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back