Boiler just stopped!!!

CM . Trouble is there is that many different boilers with same model name .

Sponsored Links
CM . Trouble is there is that many different boilers with same model name .

very kind of you namsag but I should have asked a few more questions

If I carry on like this I will be labeled as a "part chukka"

;)

namsag,

Yes, the pressure gauge is in a housing above the boiler. The red thingy mentioned earlier also lives in that upper housing, and has the letters W+P on it along with some other inscription that I will try to read now.

Normally, when the heat demand comes on, we hear the boiler fire up, and a constant sound that i presume is the pump. Both the firing up sound and the constant pump noise are now absent

ok, and just now, something strange happened.

As I was trying to read the inscription on the bottom of the "red thingy" (which I now suspect is a pump), the boiler came alive....... :idea: .....boiler firing up sound and all. Went on for about a minute, then stopped again.

checked the radiators......still stone cold!!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
Have a look about for a little red reset button might be up the top in housing or down at bottom of boiler behind drop down flap somewhere

JUST SAW you replied as i was, sounds like faulty pump and boiler overheating

ok thanks.

The red thing is actually some sort of reservoir (saw the words 8 litre capacity on it), and above that is the pump, i think.

well, thanks to you all for your help......seems like I am in for a big bill :cry: ...best to give up trying to find a diy solution now, i think

The bit on top of your boiler is a purpose built bit of kit for classics called a sytem kit .. The big red thing is an expansion vessel which basically takes the place of an expansion tank in loft

and could not find any reset button either.

Do you guys have any sort of idea's of costs i might be looking at to replace

1. the pump, or
2. the motorised valve (?), or
3. the gas valve?

and could not find any reset button either.

Do you guys have any sort of idea's of costs i might be looking at to replace

1. the pump, or
2. the motorised valve (?), or
3. the gas valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back