Boiler keeps clicking off and on every few mins.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've got a raven heat boiler. It clicks off every few mins, then it'll automatically reignites. All the radiators are heating up but the hot water goes cold all the time. Downstairs sink the hot water lasts a few mins but the bath is terrible. You get a max of one min, sometimes nothing at all. The boiler is situated in the kitchen next to the sink.

Can anyone diagnose this fault please.

Sponsored Links
does the boiler shut off on central heating or only when your drawing hot water, assuming you have a combi boiler ? could you put up the model of your boiler,it helps to identify the fault.

It's a condensing fanned flue boiler csi system, that's what the manual says. No model number.

It click off and on while the central heating is on. Doesn't matter if the hot water tap is on or not it still does it.

It doesn't go off for long enough for the radiators to totally cool down but you can feel a temp change before it clicks back on.

Sponsored Links
No hot water cylinder. It's a combi boiler. Well it's all controlled by the boiler which is fixed to the wall in the kitchen

Haven't got an airing cupboard. Defo no water tank. I had one in my old house. A large padded cylinder which was situated in the airing cupboard.

s,funny the gc number you gave is for a system boiler, the usual suspects would be... pressure (gauge on front of boiler) condensate clear? start with these .

Pressure is fine. Ranginging between 1 to 1.5 bar. So far on this boiler I've had a new diaghram fitted and I've had to pump the expansion vessel up. Not sure if my current fault is connected to these in any way.

Pressure is fine. Ranginging between 1 to 1.5 bar. So far on this boiler I've had a new diaghram fitted and I've had to pump the expansion vessel up. Not sure if my current fault is connected to these in any way.

I can't see the condensing trap. I've had the front off but there's another sealed case inside where all the burners are housed. It's either in there or behind it. I've looked at the condensing drain outside and it's dry. There's no water running from it. Does that help or should I do something else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back