boiler leaking around cold water service valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,

reference vaillant 828,there is a small drip from an area between the inlet water connection of the appliance and the large nut associated with the cold water service valve. I have tried tightening the nut a bit but to no avail.I am not sure whether the source of the drip is from inside the body of the boiler or from the nut joint itself. Is the nut joint fibre or olive? Please advise as to how to mend it satisfactorily. Thank you.

Sam.

Sponsored Links
Fibre washer I believe - so if leaking it will need isolating dismantling and rebuilding with a nice new washer ;)

To boilerman2,

Thank you for your input----its much apprecaited.
I will pop back should I encounter any problem.

Regards,
Sam.

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

Before proceeding to change fibre washer, I curiously removed the front cover of the boiler only to discover that the leak actually came from the diverter valve itself and not the fibre nut joint as originally thought. No doubt, I had expressed my reservations in my initial posting as to the souce of leak.
Now as for the diverter valve, it is not leaking at joint connections as might be expected but from one of its four holes which are drilled in its body section close to the unscrewable bodypart which carries a small spindle. NOW THE BIG QUESTION:
Can it be mended or do I need to replce it completely?
Please advise.

Regards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back