Boiler leaking from underneath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Need some advice

I've got a Wostcher boiler about 6 years old and its dripping water underneath from a part I have no clue what it is

also the water pressure has dropped since its been leaking

any idea what the issue could be and what part is leaking?

Thanks

pics below

2uizojt.jpg

155toa9.jpg

Sponsored Links
That doesn't look good.

I'm sure Dan means get a professional to repair your Boster Whoosh. A service visit doesn't cover leakage like this.

Sponsored Links
That part circled is the condensate trap. But a leak there will not cause the system pressure to fall.

Looking at the metal bar there is a lot more leaking going on inside and worse you have ignored it for many months.

Boiler leaks don't mystically repair themselves and as soon as one appears you should take action before more damage is caused.

Those Wostcher boilers seem very highly rated by Which Magazine but us engineers may not share that view.

Tony

This one shares their view, and he sees a lot more than you do. Even though I'm not one of the self selected top 100 engineers in the country.

WB are good boilers, but all boilers leak and need reg service checks. it looks like there has been something leaking inside the boiler for a while by the water marks. Best get an engineer in.

Even Wostcher recommend annual servicing!

Helps to discover and get leaks repaired before they make such a mess inside a boiler.

Tony

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back