Tap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've moved into a new house, however underneath the sink is leaking quite bad.

in the picture below the black part at the top to the sink seems to be wobbly, and the white piece of the pipe underneath the black part leaks water, what would you suggest to solve it?

iyzdaw.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the black part is secured in place by a screw through the waste grate in the sink so i'd clean it all up check the rubber seals ok and refit/seal and tighten the screw.

the white vertical waste that screws onto the black part has a rubber seal check it's in place and not damaged and tighten.

and tighten the nut on the horizontal pipe.

p4784126_x.jpg

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, the black part leaks whatever I try, I was thinking about replacing it as it seems old anyway, but have no idea what that part is called? also how would I take the old one off?

Thanks

thats a pop up waste system do you want to keep the pop up waste>
have you a pipc of the inside of the sink etc pop up waste ?

Sponsored Links
thats a pop up waste system do you want to keep the pop up waste>
have you a pipc of the inside of the sink etc pop up waste ?

To be honest I have no idea what you mean.

heres a full picture of it all

k0lpp0.jpg

I was just going to get the 2 new parts and replace them as these ones seem pretty worn out anyway?

Thanks

It may be a trick of the light, but the alignment of all the waste and trap components doesn't look that great. if parts need pulling, pushing or springing to get them to fit together they may be forcing the waste outlet away from it's correct fitting into the base of the sink.

A bottle trap is usually considered a poor choice for a kitchen sink.

What's happening at the outlet behind that grey hose? Is that one pipe just slid loosely inside another?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back