Boiler losing pressure, is this any more than inconvenience?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our vokera boiler loses pressure when the heating is used meaning the next time we turn the heating on we have to allow a little more water into the system and power cycle the unit.

I can't see any evidence of a leak so was wondering if this has any adverse effect more than the inconvenience of doing this every day ?

Tia,
Mjw

Sponsored Links
Introducing fresh water everyday will accelerate corrosion in your system.
The reason for the loss should be found and rectified.

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel needs repressurising or replacing.

Is this something I could attempt myself ?

Have a read of the FAQs to see if it may be feasible for you to attempt. Not too difficult for a seasoned DIYer.

Also, have a look at the PRV pipe that runs from under boiler to the outside. If it's dripping, this will confirm the diagnosis.

There is a 15mm pipe going outside for discharging if pressure goes too high on boiler, fix a small plastic bag to it with an elastic band, check it after pressure drop, if it has water in it the pressure relief valve may be faulty, or the expansion vessel may need re pressurising or replacing. after assessing problem try empty a radiator of 2/3 of its water, a reasonable sized one, that will take the place of an expansion vessel if vessel is faulty. until it can be sorted. but it may just be pressure relief valve.javascript:emoticon(':D')

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back