Boiler makes buzzing sound at night.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a worcester bosch 12i system boiler fitted in my loft. The plumbers took out the header tank and ran all the new pipework to my cylinder. They fitted two 2 port valves, wireless room stat and used my old programmer. They wired in a s plan.
Now the problem im getting is when i turn off the heating and hot water at night im still hearing a buzzing noise from the boiler. Think this might be the pump still running. My plumber is away for a few weeks on holiday and need this sorted. Any ideas on why this is still running. Will be very greatful for any ideas thanks :)

Sponsored Links
You sure its the boiler? I had a 3 port valve which buzzed in a certain position sometimes. Just try taking power off the valves and re-instating. This might stop the buzz for a while.

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply. Its definately not the zone valves. The boiler is directly above my head in the loft and the zone valves are in the cylinder cuboard in the bathroom. 100% from the new boiler. Think its the pump running.

Pumps humm and you'd hear it in the pipework normally. When a boiler runs without the burners on, all the noise you hear is the pump.

Sponsored Links
Yeah its more of a humm from the boiler. i turn off water and heating at night but still hear a humm.

When I read the title I thought this boiler would have been a Biasi. In the Biasi there is a transformer which hums away and is perfectly normal. As for yours ... ?

Only in the Biasi M110 and they have a mod to reduce the noise.

The 12Ri controls the pump and might be faulty but more likely the installer has wrongly connected it.

Tony

Cheers lads. Found that it was wired wrong inside the boiler. The switch live was in the wrong place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back