boiler making strange noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I have a boiler and it is making loud banging noises. This only happens with the hot water and not the central heating system. When it happens the pressure needle is fluctuating. After a while it will stop. Any ideas of what it could be. I have had a new bath put in but I dont see how this could affect it? I only noticed after this though it could quit simply be a coinsadence, Although I do have my doubts about the plumber who could not fit my shower as he had the wrong washer, 20 washers later still no shower. Now I just have pipes coming out the wall with blanks on the end, and a shower vavle full of blue jet putty stuff. He said take it back to the shop, which I tried to do and they laughed at me. so I'm left with no shower two pipes poking out and a banging boiler.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Tracy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Have a look at

Announcement: before you ask a question please read this

which you will find at the top of the plumbing forum.

Also ask friends and neighbours if you know a competent local plumber who they would recommend. Not the person you used last time. If the boiler needs work you need a Corgi registered gas installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back