Boiler Mounted in garage

an

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had a Worcester Bosch 30CDi combi boiler fitted in my garage last year. With it we had a thermostat fitted in our hallway. Someone mentioned to us that to comply with building regs they should have fitted an additional thermostat in the garage as well. Is this correct?

The company that fitted it was EON so I would imagine they would have not gone against regulations?

Also is there a way of switching off the smart start feature on the Honeywell CM67 programmer or is this not a good idea?

Many Thanks in advance for your help

AN

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to switch off an energy saving feature?

Tony

If your garage isn't insulated, most aren't, a good installer would of fitted a frost stat as a matter of course. Boilers don't like the cold, and obviously can cause problems if pipes freeze etc...

If you aren't sure about the settings on your stat I would suggest when you get them (EON) back ask the installer/repairer for advice on the settings in your home. He/she would look at the house and do a quick analysis and give you some worthwhile advice if they are competent... Free of charge if it was I attending :cool:

Sponsored Links
if benchmark was followed and filled in , the installer has probably ticked the box which states that the customer(you) have been instucted on how to work the controls.

Is this the Greenstar 30CDi? If so it has a frost stat built in to protect the boiler.

Thank you very much for the feedback. Firstly the boiler has frost protection built in at 5 degrees. Secondly the reason I was thinking about turning the energy saving feature off is because it turns the heating on 2.5 hours on before we require it to. I can't work out how this saves us energy?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back