Boiler noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just wondering how loud combi boilers are supposed to run? I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Ours is in the kitchen and you can hear it all over the house, at night if it comes on the best way I can describe it is similar to an aeroplane.

Surely boilers aren't supposed to sound this loud, especially newer ones 3 years old? I am even listening to friends boilers and you can barely hear them..

Is this just something you have to put up with with certain combi boilers? (Ideal Logic) Is it a fan noise? Should it be that loud? Can you you anything about it?

On top of the constant humming/aircraft sound there is also an annoying rattle that starts everytime the burner comes on for a few minutes, plumber said it was just the casing and managed to stop it, but it started again after a few weeks :mad: Again, can anything be done to properly stop this?

Actual heating and hot water are fine thankfully, it's just annoying noises I am sure can't be right?

Sponsored Links
No the noise from your boiler should not be that loud that it causes a nuisance, some people are more tolerant of noise though, it might tell you in the installation manual how much noise the boiler should emitt under normal operation, some state this some dont

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back