Boiler not working - Glowworm with 0 8 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've been putting off replacing our boiler because we were saving up to re-do the kitchen and hoped to do it all together but last night our Glowworm Energysaver 2 combi developed the following error:

Fault Code = 0 and 8.

The manual makes the following suggestions:

1) The Air pressure switch has not closed.
This we've checked and it seems fine. - Check that the air pressure switch is functioning correctly.

If the boiler does not fire check the following. (The boiler does fire up but after a while goes out but we still had a look at this):

Check that the condense drain is not blocked and backing up
into the heat exchanger. See section 12.5 for instructions on
cleaning.
Check for any obstruction to the flue system internally.
Check the fan and burner cleanliness as in section 12.3.

If after checking all previous points the error code is still present,
this suggests that the heat exchanger has become partially

blocked. See section 12.11 for major service of heat exchanger.
http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/d...vercombi80.pdf (p28)

Is this something that we could do ourselves (i.e. servicing the heat exchanger????)...in terms of DIY plumbing is probably our weakest.
Clearing the condensate did initially seem to work and the boiler fired up this morning as normal but after about 30 mins the fault returned.
I'm dreading Christmas if we can't get something sorte :cry:

Sponsored Links
hi NO u definately cant service the heat ex. need a rgi. if condense runs externally its more than likely frozen. warm water and plenty of patience!

Thanks for that morlomanc - I didn't think so. I have left a messgae for our plumber but he's bound to be rushed off his feet (and being fairly new to the area don't know of any others).

When you say "if the condense runs externally" we actually drained it at the bottom of the boiler (and then topped it up). Not sure where it would run out to? If it has frozen does it freeze after it starts running? Since as I said it seemed to fire up OK this morning for about 30mins but then developed the fault again.

Anyone got any more ideas...please?

the small white pipe leaving the bottom of the boiler- can you trace where it ends up?

Sponsored Links
..not at the moment - I'm at work (nice and warm here!)
We just cleared it using the siphon - will have a look later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back