Boiler not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi Solo 2PF Got home this evening - house cold - Thermostat and digital control panel on - but looks like the boiler hasn't come on - took off front panel and no lights on.

Any ideas as to what could have happened? I notice there is a small spare fuse - so presumably there is a fuse on the PCB, but if a fuse has gone on that I probably shouldn't be changing it - any idea why it could have blown?.

Or could another part of the system be preventing the boiler coming on?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The hot water part of the circuit still seems to work - so the boiler does fire up OK when that is required - so fuse on PCB is OK - indeed boiler seems OK.

So just remains what prevents the boiler firing up for Central heating - could it be the pump ? If that is kaput would it [revent any of the boiler lights coming on?

the hot water works ok so the 2 amp fuse will be ok. u sure your time clock n roomstat r working

Sponsored Links
Moved the motorised valve across manually and lo and behold the boiler now works when Central heating on.
Trouble is I don't know if the valve not moving is symptom or cause.
Is it not moving 'cos its broken - do they break? Or is some ther part of the wiring perhaps the control panel (where you set the when on/off etc.) that is broken - and therefore not telling the motorised valve to move?

Sorry for all the questions not to genn'd up on this motorised valve, never really given it much thought - but what is going on when you have both centralheating and hot water set on ?

Thanks for all your help

Its a 3 port mid position valve. Done some exporation on t'internet. Found now I have manually moved it to Heating I can't move it to mid or Water now!

Well at least we are warming up!

Its an ACL lifestyle 28mm - from what I have read looks like I won't be able to change just the acctuator on this model will have to switch out the whole valve?!

yeah mate best bet is to just change it..there simple to do. u ok or need some advice?

I'll get the replacement tomorrow - I may call on your expertise - it doesn't look as simple as changing out a pump (if I have to change the whole valve) - hope I can just change the accutator?

Thanks for all your help

Hi, changed the syncromotor on the 3 way valve - and still no joy! I was concerned that this might be the case. As I noticed when I manually moved the valve from HW thru Both that it seemed to move itself the rest of the way through to CH (when CH was selected on the control panel) - which kind of suggested to me that the motor was working - well at least I have a spare now?
So what could it be - I am now wondering if its a thermostat issue or control panel problem - do these components pack up?
I think I need to test if they are making the correct call for CH - how can I test for this.
HW seems to be the initial position for the mid valve - a call for CH - does not make the valve move to the mid position and turning off HW but leaving the CH on does not cause the valve to move all the way over to the CH position. So clearly the 3 way valve is not moving - but I am suspecting probably because its not receiving the signal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back