Boiler or Pipework problem ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, woke up this new freezing cold morning to discover that during the night all my rads had gone cold, immediately went to check my boiler (Potterton Puma 100e) and found all to be in order, and found the CH feed pipe to be hot, further investigations found that the feed pipes to all upstairs rads are hot, but only 1 rad showing any signs of warmth, and absolutely no heat in any of the downstairs pipework. I have bled both radiators and pipework with no success, advice please ?

Sponsored Links
thanks, for the speed reply meldrew's_mate, pump failure is my primary suspect, i assumed because i had hot water exiting via the CH feed pipe that the diverter valve must be open, or is that a false assumption ?

Sponsored Links
This morning both upstairs rads are midly warm, downstair loops is still freezing cold, gonna try adn replace the pump this morning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back