Radiator/Boiler Woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have got a Baxi Back boiler, not sure of the model, which supplies hot water and feeds 3 radiators (1 upstairs & 2 downstairs)

Since turning the rads back on after the summer we have had probs.

1 of the downstairs rads is fine, the other refuse to get hot at all. The pipe that supplies the hot water is roasting but the rad remains cold. Tried Bleeding it but nothing comes out, no air and no water.
If i turn the upstairs rad on, it gets hot but both downstairs ones go cold, including the pipes. Turn the upstairs one off, back to 1 hot & 1 cold.

The boiler has also been making banging noises.

Both the downstairs rads appear to fed from pipework which comes down from above, and the 1 that remains cold has piping hot pipework right upto the check valve, but no matter what way i turn the check valve it never get s warm.

Help!!!!

Sponsored Links
Cheers.

One question.....

I have a hot water cylinder in a cupboard upstairs, with a small'ish water tank above it....is this what i should be checking?

Not sure whats in the loft, never been up there due to no ladder......in my defence...only been in the house a few months... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back