Boiler overheating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got A Halstead ace high 102

Problem:

when bath run lots of lovely hot water but 30 sec or after the hot tap is turned off and not during the boiler sounds like its boiling and the auto air vent lets out steam. ( But not while the boiler heating water).

Central heating works fine without any problems.

Any ideas thanks Peter

Sponsored Links
Check the diverter valve pin is returning smartly when the hot water tap is turned off. Check the microswitch at the end of the diverter valve is not full of water, or it may be breaking down and keeping the flame on.

Does the problem also occur with the heating switched off?

Sponsored Links
no probs corgi man.....pretty sure the DHW exchanger is not blocked but i'll look anyway...if it's not blocked any other ideas ? some other posts earlier were talking about microswitches with water in them and pins on diverter valves not closing quickly after the HW is closed ????

kevplumb - how many halstead aces (or combi's) have u seen with this type of issue on your travels around the pool ?

but how would they cause the overheating??

am sure its a circulatory prob

One point I forgot to mention is the steam/air is only a problem when the CH is off...if I run a bath when the CH is on obviously the HW cuts in and takes over but once the HW has been utrned of I don't get the steam and air being expelled from the auto air vent.....does this prove or dis prove anything ?

I'll take the exchanger out at the weekend and DS-40 it I think.

bloody halsteads grrrrrrrrrrrrr. i got 1 keeps locking out both on dhw and ch..... (ace combi) changed thermistas ok ferra week now has gotteneven worse.

good luck

has any1 got owt 2 say thats good about halstead aces?????

aces sounds like ar*es and Halstead is in Essex so not far to go to chin someone.......mind you it's a cheap boiler so the old rule of you get what you pay for probably applies. javascript:emoticon(';)')
Wink

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back