Boiler plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm not usually into getting plans for big home items, but considering it with a new boiler installation, but can't figure out something. Some made up numbers for ease.

Option 1 ; annual boiler service £70 paid one off yearly.

Option 2 ; Boiler plan £140 year. Includes service, 0 excess unlimited callouts, warrnty extension (if you continue with plan).

It's a WorcesterBosch combi with guarantee, the WB guarantee I saw online says labour, parts, callout included.

So, with the plan am I just paying extra for something that is already included in the boiler guarantee?

Or am I missing something.

Oh, I wish chosing a company to go with was simple. Got several quotes and trying to decide.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, thought I was missing something, seemingly not so good to have that confirmed by someone knowledgeable. Supposedly one of the most popular companies in the city. Does kind of leave a sour note and reluctant give my business to them. I like things straightforward.
Might have to get a couple more quotes.
Cheers

have a look at the WorcesterBosch combi guarantee small print, it may say only valid with annual service , that's what my combi - different make had to qualify for the 10 year warranty

Sponsored Links
Every boiler manufacturer I know of insists on an annual service in order to maintain the warranty. Service plans are usually a waste of money though, why not just get your installer back to do the annual service?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back